- Keeping in view of the growing importance of Soft Skills in present day’s competitive world, the Dept is imparting Soft Skills to the students’ right from III year onwards. Along with regular subjects, a separate session is allotted to each branch for both aptitude and soft skills.
- The Dept. regularly conducts Infosys Campus Connect Programmes for the benefit of the students to make them technically competent.
- Eminent people from various fields are invited for giving guest-lectures, seminars and for the conduct of workshops
Our Flagship programmes include:
Meet The Leader
A first of its kind “Meet The Leader” programme was initiated to develop the Leadership qualities among students and to mould them into future leaders.
- The programme was launched by Mr.A.S.Murty, Chief-Technology Officer (CTO), Mahindra Satyam, on 23 July 2011. He spoke on “Issues and Challenges in Global Knowledge Organisations”.
Some of the eminent personalities who visited the college under this initiative include:
- Mr.Subramaniyan Venkatraman, Vice-President, CA Technologies (India) Ltd,
- Mr.V.B.Gadgil, MD and Chief Executive , L&T Metro Rail, Hyderabad
- Mr. Yogesh Kochhar, Director-Strategic Engagements, Microsoft
- Mr. B.Prasada Rao, CMD, BHEL
- Dr. B.Mohan Reddy, CMD, Cyient
The following are its objectives:
- To invite the ‘Leaders’ from Corporate, Academics and Business (Entrepreneurs) and arrange for an interactive session for our students to share their knowledge and experience.
- To inculcate ‘Leadership’ qualities among students and mould them in to future leaders.
Mock Recruitment Process
A flag ship event titled Mock recruitment Process was initiated in the year 2010 with the following objectives :
- To assess the students’ performance in a real-time recruitment process.
- To make the students’ have firsthand information about how the recruitment process is conducted.
- To identify, correct and advise the students with respect to the mistakes committed by them.
The process consists of :
- The entire process will involve online written test, Technical and HR Interviews. The short listing will be done as it is done in the actual Campus Recruitment Drives. Only students who clear the initial/previous rounds will progress to the next round.
- Students will be attending the process with the same level of seriousness as they appear for any of the campus recruitments.
- For the technical and HR interviews, students will be coming in Formal Dresses.
- The process will be conducted dept. wise.
- The interviews can be video shooted to analyse the performance of the students and can be used for future references.
Infosys Campus Connect
Initiated by Infosys, it is the most widely accepted Industry-Academia Program to enhance quality & quantity of IT work force. The college is successfully running this programme in both Technical & Soft Skills areas. The College had been identified as ADVANCED COLLEGE by Infosys Technologies. The College is one among 48 Advanced Colleges in A.P. under this category.
Infosys Centre of Excellence
Basing on the commitment, leadership and dedication shown by Team Pragati, Infosys Technologies recognized Pragati Engineering College as “Centre of Excellence (Knowledge Exchange Centre)”– the FIRST College in the country to get this distinction. The primary role of this Centre is to enhance the effectiveness of Campus Connect Programme initiatives in the region in a collaborative manner.