7.3: Institutional Distinctiveness
7.3.1: Portray the performance of the Institution in one area distinctive to its priority and thrust within 1000 words
The college’s primary vision is to provide quality education, which is regarded as influence and wealth in contemporary society. With the educational system progressively shifting towards student-centeredness, the institute bears the responsibility of upholding suitable teaching and learning standards. Within this framework, students are encouraged to set their benchmarks aligned to industry and society’s requisites. Most of the students join from rural areas, and the students’ inherent timidity hinders their participation at higher levels. The college addresses this issue by organizing a number of confidence-building programmes for its students.
The well-defined student-centered system has the following goals:
- To establish and maintain state-of-the-art teaching facilities.
- To encourage and guide students in completing online certifications
- To set up and maintain state-of-the-art laboratories
- To provide training in emerging technologies through the”Departments” and “Training and Placement Cell”
- To empower the student community through industry 4.0 clubs
The Numerous Clubs, Cells, and Committees equips students with the necessary resources for goal attainment and personal growth. Training and Placement Cell ensures students’ preparedness for campus interviews and employs a dependable communication method to assist students in job searches. Soft skills, aptitude, and technical training commence in the second year.Above all, various activities and programs are conductedwhich develops an individual’s personality so that he or she is confident and capable of seizing the opportunity. Mock interviews are arranged to students allow them to experience and comprehend the requirements for the interview and job. With the assistance of the training and placement cell, departments, and training faculty, there has been a significant increase in placements over the last five years. The campus was visited by more than 100+ leading software and core firms, resulting in the placement of 1608 students across various enterprises.
Bridging the gap between mandated college syllabi and industry demands is achievable by undertaking value-added courses and relevant certifications. Our esteemed institution ensures highly personalized student learning, delivered by course teachers who strike an ideal balance between academic theory and practical expertise. The rapid development of new technology is significantly impacting the evolution of online education, leading to the exploration and manipulation of novel ideas and concepts. Our Institution being one of the top rated Local Chapter for NPTEL online courses allow our faculty to supervise and monitor their students’ development and improve their performance and grasp of the subject.PEC recognized as one of the top 100 performing colleges of NPTEL local Chapter with following credentials
- PEC NPTEL local chapter received “A” Grade at National level from NPTEL for july – December 2017 course-run, one among top 100 institutions in the country.
The College stood in 21st position at national level with AA Grade during July-Oct 2018 course run
- The College received AA Grade during July-Dec 2019 course run
Amidst the Covid Pandemic, more than 4500 certification programs were completed by students and teachers in Coursera to acquire credentials in cutting-edge technological domains.
Pragati Engineering College showcased its commitment to academic excellence through its notable achievements in the AICTE Eduskill certification programs. In a remarkable feat, College is ranked at 9th position (in the country) in the AICTE- EduSkills Virtual Internship (2nd Cohort- March to May 2022).and the 2nd rank (in the country) n the AICTE- EduSkills Virtual Internship (2nd Cohort- Julyto September 2022), reflecting its dedication to fostering skill development and knowledge enhancement among its students.
These achievements were made even more commendable by the enthusiastic participation of the college’s students, who demonstrated their exceptional abilities and determination to succeed in these certification programs. Such accomplishments underline Pragati Engineering College’s pivotal role in nurturing its students’ talents and equipping them with practical skills that contribute to their holistic growth and future success in the professional realm.
Guided continuously by their teachers, the students of Pragati Engineering College exhibited exceptional performance across a diverse array of activities, including but not limited to.
- One team of students won Second Prize in Smart India Hackathon, World’s biggest digital movement jointly organized by Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) held at Oriental University, Indore.
- Two teams each of 3 students participated in Microsoft Imagine Cup final held at New Delhi in 2017.
- 60 Students from Pragati participated and 1 student secured merit award in SrinivasaRamanujan Mathematical Competitions organized by Indian Society for Technical Education.
- Students of CSE stood as toppers in the Cyberthon 2018 – India’s largest Cyber Security Hackathon conducted by Govt of A.P. Team and were adjudged as winners .The team won the first prize from East Godavari Dist. They were awarded with cash prize and certificates by the Honorable Minister for Information Technology, ,Govt. of A.P. Mr.N.Lokesh on 27th April 2018.
- The one Team is selected for Smart India Hackathon Software Edition Grand Finale – 2018.
- One Team entered into semi-finals of “DST & Texas Instruments- India Innovation Challenge Design Contest 2017” – the Only Team from Andhra Pradesh and one among 3 teams from 2 telugu speaking states.
- 6 students of CSE department selected for Smart India Hackathon 2019 grand finale held on 2nd & 3rd March 2019 at Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad.
- Mr. M.Mahesh Reddy of IV year CSE (15A31A0554) stood Runner up (at National level) in Virtusa Neural Hack Competition- 2018.
- Ms. K.V.RajyaLakshmi (16A31B0511) has represented INDIA at Microsoft Asia Microsoft Student Partner Summit at Sydney, Australia during 10th -14th Febuary-2019.
- Mr. BhupathirajuChalapathiNagavarma of III year CSE secured 99th rank at all India Level in Round 1 of TCS Codevita competition-2020.
- Mr. Ardhani Vinay (18A31A0531) of Final year CSE is the Winner of Virtusa-Neural Hack Competition-Season 5, from more than 1 lakh registrations across the country. Our previous performances in the same competition include a Runner Up position and one among Top Ten positions.
- Seven teams (5 teams from ECE, 1 team from CE and 1 team from CSE) from the college are shortlisted for the finals of Smart India Hackathon-2022.
- Mr. K S J Sivarama Krishna (CSE- 18A31A05A7) received Gold Medal at India Skills- 2021 in Cyber Security Trade organized by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).