Pragati Engineering College (Autonomous) is now Zonal Lead for leadingindia.ai – A national wide AI Skilling and Research Initiative
Objective of the leadingindia.ai initiative is making Deep Learning and AI skills mainstream in India to fulfill trilateral needs of entrepreneurship, Industry academia partnership and application-inspired Engineering Research
Head of the Research Group: Dr. S Rao Chintalapudi, Associate Professor, Department of CSE
Research Group Members:
- Prof. S V Ramana Murthy Professor,Department of CSE
- Dr. M. Radhika Mani Head &Professor,Department of CSE
- Mrs. D. Sirisha Head & Associate Professor,Department of IT
- Mr. M V Rajesh Associate Professor,Department of CSE
- Mrs. Y. Jnapika Assistant Professor,Department of CSE
Name of the AI Students Club: Future Now
Name of the Student Ambassador: Ms. Hyndhavi Kona
AI Skilling Target (By the end of 31st March 2020) : 2000
AI Skilling Achieved (By the end of 31st August 2019) : 1013
For more details follow this link: https://www.leadingindia.ai/zonalleaddetails/71
Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/AiPragati
Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/pragati_ai_dl_researchgroup/
Special Web Page to be added on your Institution Web site (May be linked to leadingindia.ai ) Give the link here : https://pragati.ac.in/research-and-development-cell/ai-and-deep-learning-research-group/
Research Group Activities till now:
The following five faculty members are attended one week FDP on ” AI and Machine Learning ” at NIT Warangal during 4th – 8th June 2018.
- Mr. A. Lakshman Rao
- Mr. K. Chandra Shekar
- Mr. G. Vijay Kumar
- Mrs. Y. Srilatha
- Mr. P. Prabhakar
The following three faculty members are attended one week FDP on “ANN and Deep Learning “ at NIT Warangal during 11th -15th June 2018.
- Dr. S Rao Chintalapudi
- Mrs. Y. Jnapika
- Mr. K. Arun mani kumar
- First Internal research group meeting was held on 9th June 2018 and agenda of the meeting was changes in PPT submitted to leadingindia.ai, Formation of Internal review committee, Discussion on Review Report and future activities.
- The following five faculty members attended AI and Deep Learning workshop at SRKR Engineering College, Bhimavaram during 28th -30th June 2018. And all these faculty members successfully completed the training and received course completion certificates.
- Dr. S Rao Chintalapudi
- Dr. M. Radhika Mani
- Mrs. D. Sirisha
- Mr. M.V Rajesh
- Mrs. Y. Jnapika
- Dr. S Rao Chintalapudi – Winner of the AI and Deep Learning Assessment Test conducted at SRKR Engineering College, Bhimavaram. He scored 37 marks out of 40. And he received cash prize from Prof. Deepak Garg, Director, leadingindia.ai and Dr. Sridhar Swaminathan , Project Manager, leadingindia.ai.
- Research Group meeting with Prof. Deepak Garg, Director , leadingindia.org about the PPT submitted on 28th June 2018 at SRKR Engineering College, Bhimavaram.
- 3-day workshop conducted on “Fundamentals of Machine Learning” during 3rd-5th July 2018 by Prof. S. V. Ramana Murthy and 40 students of our college are trained with hands-on.
- Second internal research group meeting held on 5th June 2018 and the agenda of the meeting was about future workshops/FDPS/Activities related to AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning in the department.
- Our students conducted “Deep Learning Boot Camp—An Awareness Program on Deep Learning” to the all branches (ECE, EEE, CIVIL, MECH, CSE,IT) on 10th August 2018 and explained about applications of deep learning in their respective core areas.
- Mr. A.Lakshmanarao acted as a resource person for Two Days Hands on Workshop on “Implementing Machine Learning Algorithms using Python”at P.B.Siddhartha College of Arts & Science, Vijayawada during 11th to 12th July 2018.
- Mr. T. Somashekar and Mr. K. Srikanth attended one week FDP on “Machine Learning using python” at Sri Krishna College of Engineering, Chennai.
- Dr. S Rao Chintalapudi attended as a participant to AI INDIA 2019 organized by Confederation of Indian industry (CII) supported by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi on 3rd -5th February 2019.
- Under the guidance of Dr. S Rao Chintalapudi , Deep Learning based solution was proposed for ISRO problem statement and it was selected for Smart India Hackathon- 2019 Grand Finale which will be held on 2nd -3rd March 2019 at Gujarat Technological University , Ahmedabad. The selected team details are as follows:
|S.No||Member||Roll no.||Mobile No|
|1||Dr. S. Rao Chintalapudi||Mentor||9949379392|
|2||Kilim Deva Kumar||17A31A0545||9177398252|
|3||Gudapati Sai Teja||16A31A05A5||8639402345|
|4||Chodisetty Sai Sruthi||16A31A0506||9848049536|
|5||Sanampudi Sri Harsha||17A31A0551||7569532921|
|6||Ch S R Surya Teja||17A31A0534||7013118752|
|7||Karri Sai Teja||17A31A0553||8639856634|
- The following 9 students from III B.Tech CSE are doing Internships at AI based company “Quaxon Technos” from 1st February 2019 to 31st January 2020
|1||16A31A0503||Bavirisetti Sasi Prabha|
|3||16A31A0522||Sri Mounika Mallavarapu|
|5||16A31A0550||N.N.R.S.S.L Tarun Nanduri|
|7||16A31A05A5||Sai Teja Gudapati|
|9||16A31B0511||V R Rajya Lakshmi Kattoju|
- Our research group member Dr. M. Radhika Mani received “Best Researcher Award” in the decennial celebrations of Jawaharlal Technological University Kakinada.
- Five machine learning projects are presented in JNTUK Techno Fair -2018 at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada.
- Inaugurated Pragati Innovation Hub –Knowledge Partner “Deloitte” in the campus on 15th July 2019 that facilitates collaboration on innovative research, technology or software solutions, involving a combination of govt., academic and industry partcipants.