Overview of T&P cell
- Training & Placement Cell of Pragati Engineering College is established with an objective of not only securing placements for the students but also to make them competent enough to face the corporate world. The training and placement activities must continuously strive to achieve the following objectives:
- (a) Maintaining good interface with industries of interest so as to facilitate training and placements of students.
- (b) To approach industry for industry-institute partnership where in workshops, seminars/guest lectures/ special programmes and Internships can be offered to students and FDPs for faculty.
Structure of Training & Placement Cell
- The Training and Placement Cell will work as to strive to achieve the aforesaid objectives. The working of this cell will be supervised by Chairman, Director (Management) and Principal of the College. The following is the constitution of the cell.
- Training & Placement Officer (TPO) will create avenues for training and maintain the records of the training attended by students. In addition to this, the student and faculty development in and off the campus will be arranged time to time to gain confidence of the corporate world. He/She will create avenues for job offers to passing out graduates through recruitment drives conducted in and off the campus. He /she is also responsible to foster Industry-Institute Interaction in the form of MoUs/tie-ups/collaborations, internships, etc.
- Manager – Corporate Relations will be stationed at Hyderabad and continuously strive to contact new companies for Industry Institute interaction and strengthen the existing relationships.
- Dept T&P Co-ordinators will represent their respective departments in the T&P Cell and assist the TPO during training programmes, recruitment drives, etc in the form of maintaining attendance , updating students’ data base, etc.