Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) are the demanded technologies in the industry for design and development of intelligent systems. Government of India is focusing on boosting AI sector in India for extending its applications to various initiatives viz., smart cities, precision agriculture, healthcare etc. The B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering program with specialization in Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning program is intended at studying, designing, developing, implementing, support and management of computer-based information systems. This specialization will enable the student to design and develop various intelligent systems with cutting edge technology courses viz., artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, robotics, mobile application development, deep learning and natural language processing etc. The program will nurture the student skills in AI and ML to provide the scalable solutions for the industry technological problems. The undergraduates of this program go on to become Machine Learning Engineer, Machine Learning Research Engineer, Artificial Intelligence Research Engineer, Big data Scientist and Robotics Professional etc.
Graduates are prepared to apply analysis, predictions, optimization, decision making and develop skills in order to formulate and solve complex problems using intelligent computing
Graduates are prepared to take up higher studies, research & development and other creative efforts in the area of AI&ML which drives scientific and societal advancement through technological innovation and entrepreneurship
Graduates are prepared to use their skills and abilities in an ethical & professional manner.
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of Mathematics, Natural Sciences, and Engineering Sciences.
3. Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and Sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Engineering Students will be able to:
PSO1: Apply machine learning techniques, software tools to conduct experiments, interpret data and to solve complex problems
PSO2:Design and develop intelligent automated systems for the benefit of society by the use of AI and ML.
PSO3:Adapt to a rapidly changing environment by learning and employing emerging software tools and technologies in the area of Artificial intelligence and Machine learning