Pragati Engineering College had collaborated with Mission R&D in 2013, to prepare the students for R&D roles. Mission R &D is an initiative started which is focused on improving computer science education. The following are the details of the programme.
- Starts in III year I semester for CSE and IT students.
- 40 students from each college will be selected (basing on a test)
- An awareness programme will be conducted, for 8 classes. These 8 classes will be conducted for 8 months (one class per month, typically on a Saturday).
- This programme continues for entire III year.
- When students complete III year, a test will be conducted for these 40 students. Students who clear the test will be subjected to Summer Training for 40 days at a centralised location (mostly Hyderabad). Students will be trained on programming for product companies.
- Resource persons from CISCO, Microsoft, Amazon, etc will train students.
- Post completion of the training, these trained students will be eligible for campus recruitments from among the list of product companies signed up with Mission R &D.