Pragati Engineering College started an undergraduate (B.Tech.) program in Computer Science & Engineering in the year 2004 and post graduate (M.C.A, M.Tech)in the year 2007 , in order to meet the educational needs of the IT industry. The Department of Computer Science & Engineering caters to the regional and global human resource requirements. The faculty of this department have excellent knowledge to impart IT related skills in the students. The students of this department stood as college toppers in academics and as well as in all competitive exams.
The department is committed to strengthen the academic, research and functional abilities of the students, in order to enable them to stand as competent and versatile software professionals after graduation. The department strives to enhance research activity in the department, thereby creating competent intellectual resource to the students.
The department is having B.Tech, M.C.A and M.Tech courses with laboratories well-equipped with branded systems. Department is having student as well as faculty Associations and these associations conduct various seminars and workshops for revealing scientific, engineering, and technological advances to students. The students participate in events and national level contests, conducted by various institutes.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
1. To provide students with a strong foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies, R&D, consultancy and higher learning.
2. To develop an ability to analyze, design, develop and implement the requirements of the system with novel engineering solutions using latest, cost effective technologies by working in teams on multidisciplinary projects.
3. To mould the students as professionals with ethics, best practices, values and social concerns to meet requirements of software industry of current era.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
1. Gain an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering in their chosen fields within Computer Science & Engineering.
2. Develop the competencies to identify, analyse, and formulate engineering problems.
3. Ability to apply the techniques and skills with proficiency to design and develop appropriate computer based systems (processes, components and/or programs) for identified requirements.
4. Ability to design, experiment to analyse, interpret, and synthesize data in order to come out with appropriate conclusions.
5. Ability to select, apply appropriate techniques, resources, and tools to model complex problems.
6. Adopt technology to the needs of the society keeping in mind various cultural, health, safety and legal issues.
7. Adopt professional engineering approach to address the causes of environmental hazards and contribute to ecologically sustainable development.
8. To follow professional ethics as per IEEE standards.
9. Ability to work in teams at any role to maximise the throughput.
10. Ability to communicate effectively and convince all stakeholders through reports, presentation with clear instructions.
11. Ability to deliver interdisciplinary projects within budget and scheduled by planning, controlling and completing projects using appropriate engineering and management tools.
12. Capable of keeping oneself up-to-date in technology and tools by continuous learning, and participating in professional bodies like IEEE, CSI, and ISTE.