Our college has excellent infrastructure for sports and games with one of the best athletic grounds. Our facility includes 2 volleyball Courts, Basketball Court, Football Field, kabaddi Court, Throwball Court,Kho-Kho court, 200 Meters Athletic Track.
SPORTS AND GAMES INFRA STRUCTURE
Pragati Engineering College has excellent infrastructure for sports and games. Presently PEC has facilities for the following outdoor games.
- Basket ball Court (1 No.)
- Cricket Ground (1 No.)
- Cricket Nets (2 Nos.)
- Football field (1 No.)
- Kabaddi Court (1 No.)
- Volleyball Court (2 Nos.)
- Throwball court (1 No)
- Tennicoit court (2 No)
- Shuttle badminton court (1 No)
- Athletic Track 200 Mts (1 No.)
The College has separate Indoor hall with the facilities for the following Indoor games:
- Table Tennis (2 Nos.)
- Carrom board (8 Nos.)
- Chess (10 Nos.)
Sports and Games – Facilities (Measurements)
|1||Basket ball Court(1 No.)||100/55 ft|
|2||Cricket Ground (1 No.)||60 yards|
|3||Cricket Nets (2 Nos.)||15 ft|
|4||Football field (1 No.)||100/50 yard|
|5||Kabaddi Court (1 No.)||13/10 Mtrs|
|6||Volleyball Court (2 Nos.)||18/09 Mtrs|
|7||Throwball court (1 No)||29/12 Mtrs|
|8||Tennicoit court (2 No)||12/6 Mtrs|
|9||Shuttle court(1 No)||13/06 Mtrs|
|10||Kho-Kho court(1 No)||25/16 Mtrs|
|11||Athletic Track||200 Mts|
Features of Physical Education Department
- Department of Physical Education is fully equipped with all indoor and outdoor facilities for the staff and students.
- Separate halls for boys and girls are available for indoor games like Table Tennis, Chess and Carrom.
- Necessary equipments are available for regular practice.
- Sports uniforms is provided to the participants at free of cost. During representation of college in universities and etc
- Special prizes are given to the University, State and National level participants.
- Summer camps are organized for the Sports students regularly.
- Various exercises, advanced skills, techniques and formations are being taught during the practice sessions.
- Special coaches are arranged for conducting coaching camps.
- The department provides ample opportunity to the students by sending them to participate in the University, State, District and College level tournament as well as friendly matches.
- Intramural tournament are also conducted every year.
- Prizes and certificates are given to the winners and runners-up and an over all championship trophy is awarded to the winning team.
- Conducting the intramural competitions and college annual sports meet (sports day) are the regular features of the department.
- Encourages all the students to take part at various events providing all necessary playing equipments.
- Staff tournaments are conducted regularly in outdoor games, indoor games and athletics during sports day.
- Our College was organized JNTUK University zonal Tournament (Zone-B).
- All the men and women teams are encouraged to take part in JNTUK University tournaments and open Tournaments.
- Our students are consistently winning the medals and shields in Zonal, Inter zonal & state level tournaments.
- Our students have got selected as university players in various disciplines and they are encouraged to take part in the Inter-University Tournaments.
- Construction of Shuttle Badminton indoor court .
- Construction of Zym.
Rules and Regulation for Participating Players
- Only bonafide students of our college of less than 28 years of age as on first July of the academic year in which the tournament is held, can participate on behalf of college.
- The College Team should not have more players than the fixed number of players in each team
- The students who want to participate should submit the eligibility proforma with complete information in all respects duly signed by the Principal, to the Physical Director before the commencement of the tournaments.
- The participating players have to carry their Identity Cards without fail on demand and carry along with them during the course of the tournament.(Any tournament conducted outside our college).
- The TA & DA for the participating players are as per the University guidelines & will be given only for Interuniversity & Inter college events
- The Umpires decisions during the conduct of the matches are final. No protests of any sort will not be entertained by the Management (PEC)
- Late entries after finalizing the Team will not be accepted.
- The players should maintain Self-Discipline throughout the tournaments, Selection & Events and it is the responsibility of the Physical Director concerned to control their students.
- The Uniform/Players’ Dress with college name and numbers is compulsory for participating players in the Tournaments conducted by University (Zonal).
- All the players have to participate in the March-Past only in Uniform.(when expressing in university)
- College Team should carry our College Flag to use at the time of March Past.
- The players should report at the ground at least 30 minutes before the commencement of their match. A player is not eligible to participate more than two games at zonal level.
- For University Games,The participating colleges have to pay Rs.500/- per college towards security deposit separately for Men and Women teams. This amount will be repaid at the time of taking the participation certificate from the Organizing Secretary by deducting the cost of the damages by the players if any.
- Disciplinary action will be taken by the College on any team/Individual players during the tournament or at the venue of the tournaments for any misbehavior.
- The college will provide shuttle cocks for the participants only if they are representing our college at University level .
- Entry fee Rs. 200/- should be paid per each Event, before commencement of the matches in university games (Zones & Others).[no entry fees for internal events]
- The matches will be conducted in accordance with the rules of the Respective Federations. (ex: volleyball federation of india, kabaddi..)
- Teams representing our college are decided by Internal Selection process
- Internal selection process will be done by the physical directors
- Selection process is purely based on talent